By eclipsing 100 million users in 2015, Pinterest solidified itself as one of the top social media platforms in the world.
With a growing number of people leaving their television behind, instead opting to spend time online, social media services are taking full advantage.
Pinterest, in particular, finds itself in a unique spot.
According to a recent survey conducted by the company, 45% of Pinterest users are likely to use the service while they’re watching television.
In other words, while people take in their favorite reality show or sporting event, they’re also using their smartphone (or tablet) to browse Pinterest.
Here are some additional statistics shared by the survey:
- 64% of respondents said they pay more attention to their Pinterest activity than what’s on the television.
- 44% of respondents said they will engage with the social platform for the entire show, not simply during a commercial break.
- 47% of respondents said that what they see on television drives their activity on Pinterest.
This is something that Pinterest is extremely proud of, noting the following:
“It is the go-to app people use when they’re watching TV, and among our users, it’s even more popular for TV multitasking than Twitter and Instagram.”
Businesses Should Take Notice
With all this data in place, businesses should take notice. For example, big brands, those that are already advertising on television, may find that implementing a Pinterest advertising campaign can help drive targeted traffic.
Other ideas, as shared by Pinterest, include:
- Timing your Pinterest and television ad campaigns to coincide.
- Point people towards your Pinterest profile within your television commercial.
In more ways than one, Pinterest continues to grow. Want to take full advantage of this social media platform? E2M offers cutting edge social media marketing services that will make sure you reach your marketing objectives.