Adobe’s ‘End of Life’ announcement for its Business Catalyst (Adobe BC) platform – scheduled for March 26th, 2021 – has shaken the business world. Many who relied on this robust website hosting platform are scrambling to find the right adobe business catalyst alternatives to migrate to. However, the search for the perfect content management system for your online business and e-commerce sites isn’t exactly easy.
Since your website is the online identity of your brand, it is imperative to choose a hosting solution wisely. This is why we have put together a comparative analysis of the top options in the market so that you can decide which one suits your business requirements best.
CMSs and Hosted Solutions Available in the Market
While Adobe BC is an efficient hosting platform, other options available in the market have proven to be successful. Ever since the ‘End of Life’ announcement, we have been flooded with several queries from our existing clients – as well as others looking for better alternatives. Based on the discussions, here are the five most popular alternatives for Adobe BC.
- Treepl CMS
The Most Important Features to Look for
It is critical to compare various platforms based on their features and value for money. One must take stock of the features that are absolutely non-negotiable for your particular business or website. Once you shortlist these features, it will become easier to pick from the available options.
For your benefit, our team of developers and analysts have put together a comparative list of the most important features commonly needed by businesses. Let us examine them.
In order to ensure that your business website is accessible and user-friendly across devices and platforms, it must be responsive.
Here is a comparison between the top hosting platforms in terms of responsiveness.
- Sites built on Webflow are responsive by default.
- The solution scales and optimizes online images as per device and resolution.
- It has a fully responsive framework.
- Your responsive website will be based on ZURB Foundation framework.
- Sites are built to work on any device.
- All section layouts are responsive straight out of the box.
- Offers free responsive templates.
- The solution also provides a responsive calendar for events.
2. SSL Certification
An SSL certificate essentially activates a padlock and the https protocol to allow secure connections from a web server to a browser. In 2018, America witnessed 1,244 breaches with over 446.5 million records exposed. An SSL certificate can help enhance website security to a great extent.
- Webflow provides SSL protection.
- This applies to all the paid websites on Webflow hosting.
- In DUDA, SSL certificates are automatically generated for every white label dashboard, editor and preview domain.
- This makes the entire editing process more secure for you, your staff, and your customers.
- Every Siteglide website comes with a free SSL certificate.
- Treepl CMS provides free SSL with every plan purchased.
3. Plans and Pricing
The size of your business and the expectation of generating revenue online will determine which plan is most suited to your needs.
There are two plans:
- Site Plans: Starting from $12 per month billed annually, or $15 billed monthly.
- Account Plans: These are e-commerce paid plans that start from $29 per month billed annually, or $42 billed monthly.
DUDA offers two types of plans to customers:
- Basic Plan: Comes with the most basic features and is priced at $14 per month for the first website. Subsequently, you may have to pay $19 per month for each additional website.
- E-commerce plan: The e-commerce plan is free for up to 10 products. The next plan charges $7.25 per month with a limit of 100 products.
- Siteglide offers great plans for small and medium-sized businesses for as low as $20 per month. This makes it a very viable option to switch from Adobe BC.
- This solution offers packages starting at a very low price point of $16.99 per month and $14.99 per month billed annually for multi-page sites with blog sections, forms, galleries, FAQ, and simple CRM. The low prices make Treepl CMS a very attractive Adobe BC replacement.
4. Coding and Code Editor
Having a clean code in your website will enable you to see the structure of your site and edit it easily, if required.
- Webflowis known to write a clean, W3C compliant, semantic code for your website.
- This solution is perfect for third-party integrations or adding custom code.
- Siteglide provides Code Editor coupled with WebApp Builder.
- It is an excellent option for non-technical enthusiasts – as it offers unparalleled flexibility.
- Treepl CMS offers a simple code editor along with WebApp Builder.
- This requires no technical expertise and is extremely flexible for custom additions.
5. WebApps And Widgets
WebApps and widgets give your website an edge over your competitors. These components ensure that it is more user-friendly and interactive – while being functional and of great utility.
- Webflow uses collections and symbols to display dynamic and repetitive content respectively.
- It is similar to WordPress’s custom post type and custom fields.
- DUDA allows you to embed your own settings panel into a widget.
- This helps in connecting the widget to your own backend service.
- It can be used to configure and display a widget.
- Siteglide provides WebApps to help in creating dynamic content.
- This can be used anywhere on your site.
- Siteglide is a great tool for agencies to help businesses add tailored and interactive functionality at lower costs.
- Treepl CMS offers Custom Modules that are similar to WebApps but are innately much more flexible.
- Along with Liquid, these Custom Modules allow you to create bespoke dynamic content.
6. Website Hosting
A quality hosting solution ensures that your website loads faster and can be accessed by the maximum number of users. Website hosting also needs to be safe and secure to deter data breaches.
- Webflow offers the fastest hosting on the internet via their Tier 1 Content Delivery Network, Amazon Cloudfront, and Fastly.
- All DUDA websites are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), which is known to be the most trusted and secure cloud-based solution.
- Siteglide provides Amazon Web Services (AWS) to help your website stay secure, fast, and reliable.
- Treepl CMS offers secure and reliable AWS Hosting & Partner Support 24/7.
- Maintenance support is included.
7. E-Commerce Readiness
Most businesses these days are turning to an e-commerce model – in one way or another. The value of global retail e-commerce sales is at $3.45 trillion – as of 2019. In order to ensure that your website is scalable to a degree of facilitating online sales, it has to be ready for e-commerce.
- Webflow has recently introduced the e-commerce feature.
- It claims to be the first e-commerce platform that allows you to have control over everything on your website (home page, product page, and checkout cart) without writing any code.
- The DUDA website builder comes with a built-in e-commerce solution.
- DUDA sites work seamlessly across devices like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- It includes features like minimum and maximum purchase set, shipping, tracking, and more.
- They do not charge a dime for listing up to 10 products. Beyond that, DUDA offers different plans (based on number of products) to choose from.
- Siteglide promised to launch a fully functional e-commerce platform earlier this year – however, it wasn’t quite ready.
- They have launched a very basic e-commerce platform, but there isn’t much information or any review in the market to estimate its usability.
- The Siteglide website doesn’t mention any of its features or pricing options.
- Treepl CMS plans to introduce e-commerce by December 2019.
- Users must purchase e-commerce add-ons in case they have already opted for the “Essential” plan.
- Their e-commerce website includes features like:
- Gift vouchers
- Related products
- Abandoned cart
- This add-on is priced at $30 per month.
Having a reliable support team is critical if your website experiences any issues. Support is one of the major features that website owners must look for – as it ensures smooth operations of the website even when they experience any problem with it.
- Webflow promises a response time of just 24-48 business hours.
- They respond with a personalized message addressing your issue.
- Users may also contact the Webflow support team at support@Webflow.com.
- They have an active forum where most queries are addressed quickly.
- On average, users gave 4.5 out of 5-star ratings to DUDA’s customer support.
- Their support team may directly be contacted at email@example.com.
- Siteglide predominantly offers support through their dedicated support portal.
- They also have the option of live chat or phone service.
- They can be reached at 0118 212 24 02 by phone or at support@Siteglide.com.
- They offer 24/7 admin support for all four data centers.
- Partner support is available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (HQ time) through Treepl
- They offer extra support from their developers – exclusively for paid partners.
The reliability of any service provider can also be gauged through their market share. Our development team has examined the market share of each of these options to help you make an informed decision.
Here’s the overall rating for each of the Adobe BC replacement options.
In a nutshell, Webflow is a fairly good option, but it comes with drawbacks like limitations of collection fields and pages. We would rate it at a 4 – instead of 4.5.
DUDA is also an excellent CMS for small websites. We do not recommend it to manage larger websites with more data or continuous updates.
Both Treepl and Siteglide are closer matches to Adobe BC, which is why many Adobe BC users find the migration easier. Since their behavior and usability is similar to Adobe BC, our clients find them easier to work with.
However, the 5-star rating for Siteglide may be misleading – because there is only one online review that was posted a long time ago.
This post outlines every detail to consider when switching from Adobe BC seamlessly. Here is a snapshot.
- Each website is unique and comes with its own set of requirements. Your Adobe Business Catalyst alternative must have all the features to meet them.
- It is important to consider your future plans with the website and its scalability before you switch from Adobe BC.
- Base your decision on the ‘value for money’ aspect, rather than picking the cheaper option.
- Just because the market share of a particular platform is high, it does not mean that it is the right solution for you. Your choice should entirely be based on the technical requirements of your business and the ease of use post-migration.
Migrating your online business presence from a favorite business management platform (Adobe BC) to something unknown can be distressing. But it is important to accept it and start the process as soon as possible.
2021 isn’t too far away. It is best to be prepared for the change and steadily phase into a suitable Adobe BC replacement. In fact, now is the perfect time to migrate your Adobe BC website.
Our team of developers and analysts have put together this comparative analysis to give you more clarity on the top options that you must consider. All the features and the prices of your final choice must be in line with your business requirements. If you have any other questions or need to speak to an expert, get in touch with us NOW!