Top Turks is a monthly feature on E2M. It features the movers and shakers in the fields of entrepreneurship, digital marketing, social media, and technology, offering insights into how business leaders think, work and have fun.
This month’s top turk is Jeff Bullas. Here’s a little more about him.
Jeff Bullas is the head honcho at jeffbullas.com. In addition to that, he is a renowned blogger, speaker and strategist. An entrepreneur himself, he has associated with companies and business professionals and helped them optimize their online presence.
You can count on Jeff Bullas to come up with a diverse blend of social media tips and digital marketing advice. He is adept at the use of content, social media channels, and Web and mobile technologies. In 2016, he was ranked by Apollo Research in the Top 20 Influencers of Digital Marketers in the USA. This year, he has already made it to the Forbes list of the Top 20 Influencers of CMO’s.
We asked him a few interesting questions about his life, and here’s what he had to say:
1. What do you do within half-an-hour of waking up?
I am sitting at my desk with a black coffee writing and performing deep work. My email and the social networks are switched off. For more on this read “The One Habit That Transfomed My Life”
2. How many times in a day do you check your email?
Usually 2-3 times.
3. What is the craziest thing about you?
I am a mad keen road cyclist!
4. What is your daily work routine like?
I write in the morning from 5.30 – 9am on blog posts and my new book that I am working on. Interviews and Skype calls around 9-10, 10-12 is email time. Lunch at 1-2 and maybe a quick bike ride for a break. The afternoon is marketing projects, business stuff and collaboration opportunities.
5. How much time in a day do you dedicate to researching or reading/watching industry-related news?
It varies but maybe averages 30-60 minutes.
6. What has been your biggest professional achievement so far?
Creating the blog that is the distillation of my overactive brain is my proudest achievement.
7. What has been your biggest failure so far?
That’s a hard one as I see failure as another type of learning
8. What is your biggest dream?
To write and launch a New York Times Best Seller.
9. How much time do you devote to work daily?
10. How do you unwind?
Cycling, traveling and reading are my escapes.
11. What mindset do you think is required to be a successful person or organization?
It is is a combination of many factors and you can read about it here. “14 habits of Successful Digital Entrepreneurs”
12. If given a chance, what is that one thing you’d like to change in your life (personally or professionally)?
It is having more attention to detail and business processes. This is summed up in the book “The E-Myth: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What To Do About It” that was published in 1986 was a bestseller that tapped into the vital and often overlooked distinction between working on your business and working in your business.
13. How do you spend your weekends?
Socializing, exercise and reading with an occasional movie thrown in.
Please tell us a few things about you that not many people know:
- Your phone brand – Apple iPhone 7 plus
- Your computer brand – Apple MacPro 15
- Your favorite app – Pandora
- Your preferred dress code at work – Very casual
- Your waking time – 5:15am
- Your bed time – 11pm
- Your favorite pastime – Reading
- Your favorite blog/newspaper/news channel – Flipboard
- Your inspiration – Steve Jobs
- Your health mantra – If you don’t use it you lose it
So that was Jeff Bullas doling out information on what makes him tick!
Readers, if you’re looking for inspiration to put your digital entrepreneurship plans into action, look no further because it doesn’t get better than this.
We hope you enjoyed reading this titbit and will come back to Top Turks for more.